"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Old news

Ron Reagan thinks Bush is mixing politics and religion too much. (My first reaction to that is a big, "Well DUH!" -- Because I am eight, you know.) While it seems to me like an odd place to bring the subject up, I guess maybe it was a smart thing to do in a way. After all, you have to assume that a majority of the audience for the funeral was Republican, and they're the ones who really need to hear that message. Whether they'll actually listen is another issue.

I was looking back at old entries earlier - on June 1st, I didn't know what "41@80" meant, but I do now, don't you? Unless you've been in a closet all weekend, you probably do! -- And also related to that 6/1 entry, here's an article on '527' organizations - turns out that like 501(c)(3) organizations, they are named after the section of of the tax code that allows them. Which, since I've been involved in 501(c)(3)'s since grad school, would have been my first guess.

Also, the long entry - I think it's May 22 - where I talk about the Reagan administration being preferable to the Bush administration looks oddly prophetic, now. At least, a lot of people have spent a lot of time in the last 10 days discussing just that subject.

Things I haven't had time to read yet:
Bush's 'Him-Too' Strategy
Burning Bush (about Fahrenheit 9/11)
On road to White House, we haven't come a long way, baby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home