"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Oh, great.

The terrorists want to attack us again. (Surprise!)

You know, honestly, I would not go to a high-profile thing like a political convention or the Super Bowl any more because of this. I wouldn't enjoy it because I'd be obsessing about whether I was going to get blown up any minute. I worried right up until the Super Bowl in Houston was over this winter - I shouldn't have seen Sum of All Fears because that whole thing about the Super Bowl stuck with me way too vividly (oddly enough, in the book it didn't bother me nearly as much) and I was just sure Reliant Stadium was just going to go up in dust and here I am not far away with the winter prevailing winds blowing right this way. And the thing is, it's not really a completely unreasonable fear these days.

Now we have the All-Star game this summer, too, but it's not quite as high-profile, and besides, I like baseball more than I like football. I might make an exception for that one, in the unlikely event that I was able to get tickets.

0 Comments:

<< Home