"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Money, money, money

Interesting story on campaign spending so far. Bush has now spent $126 million to Kerry's $87 million. I didn't realize - probably I wasn't paying attention back months ago when all this came up - that they each go back to getting public money after the conventions. Since the Democratic convention is a month earlier than the Republican one, Kerry has to make his $75 million in public money last longer. And of course there are more restrictions on raising private money during that time, too.

I used to be a political junkie back years ago. But then I've spent the last 10 or 15 years being pretty much apolitical, so I'm having to re-educate myself on all of this stuff. I guess that's easier than if I'd never known it in the first place, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home