"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Wishing

This is absolutely hysterically funny. It's a speech given by author Bruce Sterling at Microsoft - which doesn't sound that funny, does it? and actually I barely even know who this guy is - but still, read it, it's great.

And hey, he may have just sold a book, because he's now on my amazon wish list. Or at least he has a 50% chance or so that I will eventually buy the book, because I'm an amazon junkie and that's about what percentage of my wishlist I estimate I'll eventually buy. And incidentally, I noticed the other day that my wishlist has now hit 200 items. Two hundred, people. It's kind of scary. Classics and poetry vying for space with romance novels and quilting books and Calphalon.

Oh, and I found that link above via the great people at boingboing.net. Which I only remember to check because it's on my Nibelung ring. (I love my Nibelung ring.)

Also, I should say that the title of this entry, in my mind, refers to that old 80s song. Anybody remember that? I think it might have been Flock of Seagulls. I am having this 80s nostalgia thing lately. If I could go back to 1983 and have it not be the Reagan administration, I would totally do it. Actually I might could even live with the Reagan administration - it's certainly not any worse than what we got now, is it?

On reading back, I really should change the title to "Saturday night drunk blogging" but then the last paragraph wouldn't make any sense, would it? So I'm sticking with what I got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home