"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Things that amuse me

A "reign of terror" in Massachusetts. (Warning: gratuitous religion.)

The difference between Newsweek and the President.



Things that don't amuse me so much
:

It's all the workers' fault
, says BP. (I don't know, maybe it is, but that feels awfully much like the easy answer to me.)

I don't know what to think about the whole Real ID controversy. I don't have too much objection to a "national ID card" in theory. (We basically have them already, anyway, they're called Social Security cards and they're certainly not very secure as is.) I definitely don't like the way they're going about getting it passed, though.

Here's a good piece on why Americans don't want the filibuster tinkered with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home