"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Mixed messages

I started to say I quote Josh Marshall a lot, but then I looked and I haven't quoted him lately at all. I've linked to him a good many times, though. Anyway, here's his version of the message the Democrats are trying to get across:
President Bush lied the country into war and then screwed up Iraq. He's racked up huge deficit numbers but no good jobs numbers. He's blown a lot of stuff up; but he's made America less safe.
I can't speak for all Democrats, but that kind of sums it up for me.

-----------------------------------------------

Georgia Democrats on Zell Miller. (Apparently they have been running that commercial on A&E.)

Man. Here is a speech from Miller's own website - from miller.senate.gov, y'all - and not from 12 years ago, but from THREE:
My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders – and a good friend.

He was once a lieutenant governor – but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984.

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.
Weird. What happened to this guy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home