"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Thursday, August 19, 2004

More on swift boats and the National Guard

Josh Marshall has been taking on the notorious "swift boat" ads. (Do people really believe that baloney? Amazing.) He also references
this Slate article
, which is worth taking a look at. And keep reading down Marshall's columns; there are at least three articles on this subject. I didn't even know until I read this that Kerry has finally decided to respond. (I got busy yesterday and now I'm seriously behind on reading - weblogs, e-mail, you name it.)
Of course, the President keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: “Bring it on.”
More on this subject: the NYTimes tackles it today, as does MSNBC, and Charles Fincher's take on it is also interesting.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch (I don't think that phrase has ever come out of my mouth before), the Bushes are at Crawford working on their speeches, and so-called "Democratic" senator Zell Miller - he calls himself a Democrat but he votes Republican - is to give the keynote speech at the convention.

The Note's news summary for today:
President Bush: rest, write, read, plan, listen, meet, practice, watch, clear, ride.

Senator Kerry: travel, listen, seethe, plan, read, strum, ignore, shake, unpack, hire.
(The part about seething is what amuses me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home