"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Thursday, May 27, 2004

More bad news for the administration

Kerry is trouncing Bush in battleground states.

------------------------------------

I'm just now getting around to reading Al Gore's speech. (Apparently "just now" is even more true than I thought - it says it was in February. I didn't realize that; I've heard it mentioned so many times in the last few days I thought it was something new! I guess that's that blogging thing again. The same stuff goes round and round...)

I tell you what, though, this describes the whole Bush administration to a tee:
...as I tried to interpret what was driving these various policies, certain common features became obvious and a clear pattern emerged: in every case there was a determined disinterest in the facts; an inflexible insistence on carrying out preconceived policies regardless of the evidence concerning what might work and what clearly would not; a consistent bias favoring the wealthy and powerful at the expense of the broader public interest; and a marked tendency to develop policies in secret, avoid accountability to the public, the Congress or the Press; and a disturbing willingness to misrepresent the true nature of the policy involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home