"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Religion and politics

This article is the most encouraging political news I've seen in ages. I didn't think the Democrats could pull off a comeback - well, not that I thought it was impossible, really, I just hadn't seen any real evidence that they were working in the right direction. But this? Might just be the right direction.

Even though I'm not a religious person, I have no problem with the Democrats actively working to shed the anti-religion label. It was always pure baloney, anyway, and as long as they're not selling out to do it, I think it's great. I also have no problem with the specific things they mention - the Bible is legitimately literature, I don't mind it being taught that way in the least, and I think shifting the abortion debate to preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place is an absolutely wonderful idea. I mean, there's a reason we call ourselves "pro-choice" instead of pro-abortion, right? Because nobody is really pro-abortion. Even if you don't think it's murder, it's still not a pretty thing, to say the very least. In a perfect world, abortions would not be necessary, so why not work towards that?


-----------------------------------

And to shift gears completely, there's this:
10 Strangest Lego Creations

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home