"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Friday, January 13, 2006

Should the Democratic party be saved?

This is a serious question. And no, I don't mean can it be saved. I mean, is the Democratic Party good for anything at all? The few Democrats left in office are completely useless, spineless creatures as far as I can tell; they may bleat feebly about Alito, but they're not prepared to actually do anything about it. (And it's not just Alito that prompted this rant - this appears to be a pattern these days.)

I know that there's actually an outside chance that the Democrats could regain at least partial control of Congress in November, but I'm starting to wonder if this is even a good thing. Might be better to just scrap it and start over. (Not gonna happen, I know. But I still wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home