"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Press conference Thursday

I was talking about the 2006 governor's race the other day - well, former Houston City Councilman Chris Bell is officially in the "exploratory" phase, but his Chris Bell for Governor website is already up. 'Nuff said.


Molly Ivins on the filibuster rules.

The problem with Bush's economic policies.


And a couple of things from the press conference:

First of all, how many prime-time press conferences has Bush had? Four, counting this one? My, this is an event.

Bush's 4 steps to solve the energy crisis:
-- conserve
-- make the most of existing resources
-- develop new technologies
-- work to reduce global demand

Now, I was with him until he got to #4. But we are the biggest consumers of energy in the world (at least per capita; I'm not 100% sure about the raw numbers) so who the hell are we to be telling everybody else what to do? On the other hand, that kind of thinking is pretty typical of Bush so I don't know why I'm surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home