"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

4th inning & beyond

I don't understand what this new M. Night Shamlayan (sp?) movie is supposed to be about, exactly. But I pretty much hated his last movie anyway, so I'm not going rushing out to see it.

Zambrano pitching. With 2 outs and a runner on 1st, Alex Rodriguez hits a triple just over Berkman's head in center. 7-1.

Sabathia pitching, now. Berkman flies out, but Kent gets a hit, and Beltran's pinch-hitting. They're talking about whether Beltran will be shopped around if the Astros keep playing this bad. They're talking about it as an almost-certain thing, actually. And Beltran gets a hit, too. And Renteria follows it up with a double to make it 7-2. Pujols comes damn near hitting one out to left, and two more runs score. 7-4, with Bonds up. But Bonds pops up again.

Now we get a little tribute to Clemens, which is kind of ironic considering that he didn't exactly light it up tonight. Selig is presenting him with the Commissioner's Historic Achievement Award, which I've never heard of before, although they say it's the 8th time it's been presented.

A Fahrenheit 9/11 commercial - I read today that it's made $80 million. Amazing for a documentary.

All kinds of changes now that the 4th is over - a few years ago I tried to keep score on an All-Star game, and it's a bit difficult. Like a spring training game. Jeter got an infield hit, and I'm not even sure who's pitching. I heard them say that Beltran stayed in the game; I'd guess he took Berkman's place in center. The pitcher is a Marlin - Pavano? Beckett? Not quite sure. (It's Pavano.)

I'm zoning out. Javier Vasquez pitched the bottom of the inning, that's about all I took in of it.

(Blogger chose this time to go down, so I didn't post the rest of what I wrote. I don't really think you missed much.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home