"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

You're an All-Star

I haven't had much to say about politics lately, so let's talk baseball. The All-Star game is going on up the road a piece (so to speak) in Houston, so I'm sure I'll find some stuff to say about it!

First of all, I didn't realize Jimy Williams was one of the coaches. He got some boos when he was introduced. He's not the most popular guy in greater Houston right now, although I don't think the Astros' woes are really his fault. That goes with the job, though, doesn't it?

Also, when they were announcing the reserves only Beltran was there for the Astros. Does that mean Berkman is starting? He took Griffey's place in the Home Run Derby, is he taking his place in the lineup too? If so, cool.

NL lineup:
Renteria
Pujols
Bonds
Rolen
Sosa
Piazza
Berkman (yay!)
Kent
Clemens

(Hey, how come all the Astros are at the end? I guess I shouldn't be complaining, considering they're a third of the starting line-up.)

I didn't write down the AL line-up in time, sorry. I'm sure it's available all over the place, anyway.

Hmmm, so that's Fantasia. (I don't watch American Idol, obviously.) I really prefer the national anthem done relatively straight, which nobody does these days, but that's just personal taste.

Muhammad Ali just boxed with the camera, heh. The actual ceremonial first-pitches are thrown by kids. (Berkman is one of the catchers.) And photo opportunities galore.

Next, the actual game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home