"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

All-Stars, part 2

I really don't know as much about the American League as I should. I mean, considering I'm supposed to be this huge baseball fan and everything. (Although mostly, I am coasting on my reputation as a huge baseball fan these days. Not that I don't still love baseball, but I don't spend the kind of time studying everybody's stats and things that I used to.) There are a couple of American League guys that I don't even really know who they are, which bothers me.

Bottom of the 2nd, Smoltz is in to pitch, and Tejada sends about the 2nd pitch way, way over the fence. They should've left Carpenter in. (I think Carpenter just pitched a couple of days ago, though, if I remember correctly.)

I came in late yesterday on the Home Run Derby - it was Rob's fault, he was watching some thing on the History Channel about Area 51, for god's sake - and I missed Abreu hitting all those home runs. There are four Astros here tonight, and at least four more ex-Astros - Abreu, Billy Wagner, Jeff Kent, and Beltran. Of the four current players, three are pitchers (Clemens, Oswalt, and the closer, Lidge), which is as it should be, since pitching is very much our team's strength. The lone position player is Morgan Ensberg, who only found out he was coming on Sunday. He definitely deserves to be here, though. He has (I think) 24 home runs and seventy-something RBIs. The only reason he didn't make it in the first place was because the fans voted Scott Rolen in even though he's been hurt half the season. (And is still hurt, apparently, which is why he's not here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home