"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Speaking of...

Has the religious right finally gone too far? (The actual title of that article is "Jumping the Shark for Jesus" - funny.)

Speaking of going too far, did the NRA really say that teachers should arm themselves in order to prevent further student attacks? Because, I suppose, it's so clear that more guns are the answer.

And that reminds me (because this is the way my brain works, in a series of leaps) that there's a billboard on the way to work about an NRA gun show, and it's bugging the crap out of me. I didn't even know the NRA had gun shows, first of all - although I certainly don't know why that should surprise me. And this being Texas, I'm sure there's plenty of people for whom the NRA's name is a good selling point. For me, being reminded of the NRA's existence in 10-foot capitals before 8am every morning just makes me want to scream.


Apparently I missed this Wall Street Journal editorial about Our Representative DeLay:
Whether Mr. DeLay violated the small print of House Ethics or campaign-finance rules is thus largely beside the point. His real fault lies in betraying the broader set of principles that brought him into office, and which, if he continues as before, sooner or later will sweep him out.
(Found via Burnt Orange Report, because even though I pay for the online Wall Street Journal I don't read it half the time, sadly.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home