"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Friday, March 18, 2005

Texas, our Texas

Texas Lawmaker Wants End to 'Sexy Cheerleading'. Now, in all fairness, the Texas Legislature only meets every other year, and every time they do there's a flurry of ridiculous proposals like this one, most of which go nowhere. So I don't really bother getting to worked up about things like this unless it starts looking like it really might pass. But still.

(Link from Fleshbot - naturally.)

-------------------------------------

And in national news....here's the Wall St. Journal:
If the myth of a cohesively dominant Republican majority in Congress needed any more debunking, last night's dueling budget votes in the House and Senate did so.
Senators reject cuts to Medicaid. Go, Senators! Of course they also added some extra tax cuts for wealthy people while they were at it, so I'm not sure portraying them as the good guys is really warranted. Just the same, anything that involves the administration getting its ass kicked tends to make me very happy.

-------------------------------------

Is it ok if I stop pointing out that the New York Times requires registration? Everybody knows that, right? Because I'm tired of saying it. And they have articles you can't find other places so I just suck it up and log in, myself. You don't have to do that, of course, but just be aware that I'm going to keep linking to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home