"Every why hath a wherefore." - Comedy of Errors, Act 2, Scene 2

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Golden Globes, part 2

While I was posting part 1, we had clips from Finding Neverland, and now Annette Bening (who has apparently stopped churning out babies long enough to make a movie) has won for Being Julia. She seems to be thanking the whole cast and crew individually. Also, she looks like she's reading her speech off a teleprompter - I don't quite know what to make of that.

Next up: Best TV Series - Drama. Ooh, "Lost" is nominated; I had no idea. And the winner is... "Nip/Tuck," darnit. (Another one I've never seen.)

Oops, lost my internet connection for a minute there. Meanwhile, the "Desperate Housewives" are presenting Best Actor in a TV Movie, and Geoffrey Rush has just won. That's two for the Peter Sellers movie, right?

And now, actress. Glenn Close, for a "Lion in Winter" that I didn't even know they made. (With Patrick Stewart, apparently.) She seems extremely surprised.

You notice that a lot of the TV stuff goes right over my head... There's a reason I rarely watch the Emmys. Nothing against TV at all, god knows I watch plenty of it! I just follow the business of movies a lot more closely than I follow the business of TV, I think.

After the commercial, Glenn Close is back, presenting, and she has thought of more people to thank!

I've hardly gotten snarky about anybody's clothes so far, but my god, what does Scarlett Johanssen think she's doing? She seems to be going for some sort of Hollywood glamour-girl look, red lips and retro-hair and a strapless gown that looks like it's sort of sitting in front of her instead of on her. I'm going to be interested to see if other people think this outfit is awful or fabulous. Obviously, I'm voting for awful. It would be alright, I think, if it was a good color for her but she looks all washed-out rather than glamorous.

OK, screenplay. This is probably an early (well, relatively early) indication of how the major awards are going to go. And... hmm, Sideways. I know absolutely nothing about this movie, so I don't know quite what to make of the fact that it beat out The Aviator and so forth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home